Skip to main content

Snow Day


On Monday, November 26, 2018 Northern Illinois University decided to cancel school. What does this mean? No work for me and thousands of others. What does this mean for productivity? It cost about a million dollars in productivity. Was the snow really that bad? The new me says yes. Safety is important and we need to do all that we can to keep our student s and employees safe.

When I arrived to work today, Tuesday, November 27,2018. I parked my car and almost feel because there was so much ice on the ground. I thought to myself, how safe is it really. Need less to say I slowly walked to the door to get into the building, then proceeded to m office to turn on both of my heaters Just to set down and forget my laptop in my car.

I am grateful that we had a snow day, but I also understand that many don't think this is fair because many workers are considered essential personnel. I remember two years ago the Rec was considered essential personnel. I could not believe it. Needless to say, I offered my opinion and somehow somewhere, we are no longer on the essential list.


Comments