Skip to main content

IT'S SO HARD TO SAY GOODBYE



Well I guess it’s that time... Where we have to part ways. I tried to articulate how this class made me feel. I feel like this class took me on an emotional rollercoaster. I was always at the edge of my seat. I thought an appropriate picture would be one from Set It Off.





This movie started off one way, but ended in a totally unpredicted way. They had some fun, laughter, tears and it ended with hurt, pain, death and sadness. While I am grateful for this class it is also important to know that I learned so much from each of you. Even those of you who have written so much I learned that sometimes less is not more, it’s just less.




When I think about how “out of the box” this class was I think of Lean on Me. There is a scene in the movie where a young lady says, “You don’t know a thing about Mr. Clark.” I would go as far as to say, “You don’t know a thing about Dr. Kyburz.” For those of you who haven’t seen this movie, I know your wondering what does this mean?

Mr. Clark became the principle of a high school where no one else wanted to go. Society had written them off, so he went in with some unconventional methods and made scholars out of the students. They learned things that they didn’t realize they could not only from the teachers, but each other. That is how I feel about this class. I will never forget this class or all of the crazy we all went through, but ultimately we pulled it off.




I guess it time… I say a final thank you to all of my classmates and teacher for allowing me the opportunity to learn from you all and I look forward to reading some publications from you all. Feel free to connect with me on Facebook. I’m sure we be in touch soon!

Thanks,

Natasha Johnson

Comments